Wednesday, August 8, 2007

36 Weeks Pregnant

Went to the Dr.'s for a check-up. I have gained 25 pds. since my first visit when I was 11 1/2 weeks pregnant. I currently weigh 156 pds. My blood pressure is good, babys heart beat is good 140 , abdomen measured 36 cm (so I am right on), baby is in the head down position. Dr. Strebel said that if my water breaks to come in immediately, if I start into labor and my waters don't break he said come in when contractions are 3min apart lasting about an hour. Labor feels like a tight cramping across stomach and a backache. He said that they will get so intense that I won't be able to talk through them. Yeah that sounds like a lot of fun!! Jajajaj!

How your baby's growing: Your baby is still packing on the pounds — at the rate of about an ounce a day. He now weighs almost 6 pounds and is a little under 19 inches long. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair that covered his body as well as the vernix caseosa, the waxy substance that covered and protected his skin during his nine-month amniotic bath.

No comments: